This week, TV Guide names The Terror one of the year’s best shows so far, while IndieWire thinks it’s true cinematic horror. Plus, High-Def Digest reports Season 1 will be out on Blu-ray Aug. 21. Read on for more:
• Hailing The Terror as “one of the most atmospheric and terrifying horror shows in recent memory,” TV Guide names the drama one of the best shows of the year, thus far.
• A TV critic tells IndieWire that The Terror was one of the year’s most overlooked shows, describing it as “what true cinematic horror is about. Not constant visual assault and excess blood and gore, but measured, smart writing and performances.”
• High-Def Digest reports that Season 1 will be available on Blu-ray on Aug. 21.
• Newsday names The Terror one of 2018’s best to date, calling it “first-rate, and scary, and nightmare-inducing. Also cold. Very cold.”
• Mashable deems The Terror one of the year’s 10 best TV shows so far: “Come for the spooky stuff, stay for the awesome-looking icy vistas and the sight of a bunch of old-timey dudes deciding which of their buddies looks tastiest.”
• The Ringer does the same, calling The Terror “exceptionally bleak television, but there is an ethereal beauty to seeing what happens when mankind is trapped at the very edge of the world, stripped of every impulse but survival.”
Watch the Season 1 Finale, “We Are Gone,” on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
Get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.Read More