This week, Soo Hugh and others talk about the latest episode with IndieWire, while Paste examines masculinity on The Terror. Plus, Adam Nagaitis discusses the creature with Assignment X. Read on for more:
• Regarding Hickey’s true identity, Soo Hugh tells IndieWire, “Our point of revealing that Cornelius Hickey is not this person is not at all to play a shock moment. It’s the reverse, to say this was inevitable for this character.”
• Paste asserts that the crew’s “captivity once their ship becomes encased in ice, and the extremes their plight asks them to suffer, create a torturous environment that magnifies masculine flaws.”
• Speaking about the creature with Assignment X, Adam Nagaitis says, “It’s deadly. But the beauty of the show is that learning curve for everyone on board, and who gathers what, when. That’s very important, and it’s very rewarding.”
• Business Insider deems The Terror one of the year’s best new shows, calling it “terrifying and impeccably made — from the sets to the costumes to the performances.”
• Noting that “this year in TV has gotten off to an impressive start,” Business Insider names The Terror the best show this year on AMC.
• The Portland (Ore.) Mercury recommends The Terror: “With a sterling cast led by Mad Men MVP Jared Harris, The Terror’s ability to impart palpable sensations of cabin fever and endless-winter madness is more knuckle-whitening than anything its characters might encounter out on the ice.”
• Insider advises watching The Terror while waiting for Game of Thrones to return: “It’s dark, it’s cold, it’s terrifying.”
Watch Season 1, Episode 8, “Terror Camp Clear,” on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
The Terror airs Mondays 9/8c. Be the first to see what mysteries are uncovered and get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.Read More