This week, Jon Hamm will appear in Black Mirror‘s Christmas special, while John Slattery joins the cast of two movies. Plus, Newsweek cites Mad Men in an article about the comeback of the suit. Read on for more:
• According to Deadline, Jon Hamm will star in the 90-minute Christmas special of Black Mirror, an anthology series that airs on the U.K.’s Channel 4.
• HitFix reports exclusively that John Slattery has joined the cast of Seth MacFarlane’s Ted 2. Slattery has also been cast in Spotlight, a movie about Catholic sex abuse that will be directed by Tom McCarthy, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
• Newsweek declares the suit is back and notes, “Each Sunday night on Mad Men, Don Draper (Jon Hamm) and Roger Sterling (John Slattery) model classic Brooks Brothers couture, and it is the show’s female’s audience that is left hot and bothered.”
• The Telegraph names Mad Men one of its five must-have TV box sets because of its “superb dialogue, sumptuous camerawork.”
• The Chicago Tribune‘s RedEye is rooting for a Mad Men/The Walking Dead crossover: “Don’t say you wouldn’t watch a crossover that had Don Draper showing up bloodsoaked to a pitch meeting for Campbell’s Soup after slaying a hoard of zombies outside the office.”
• Bustle instructs readers how to mimic Megan’s look for Halloween, “from first swath of eye makeup to last item of flashy costume jewelry.”
• TV Geek Army notices many similarities between Don Draper and Masters of Sex‘s Bill Masters, remarking that “they share many traits and circumstances that are not obvious to recognize at first.”
• Theater Mania says that the run of Billy and Ray, an off-Broadway play starring Vincent Kartheiser, has been extended by two weeks, wrapping now on Nov. 23.
• The Sioux City Journal says of Jon Hamm, “Thanks to his work in Million Dollar Arm, he’s likely to have a solid career as a film star.”
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Mad Men news, sign up for the Mad Men Social Club.Read More