This week, The New York Times discusses the “rumblings of feminism” in Mad Men‘s fifth season, while The Daily Beast provides video documentation of its favorite Jon Hamm cameos. Plus, check out photos of Mad Men actresses — and Jon Hamm — on the Emmy red carpet. Read on for more Mad Men news:
• The Daily Beast checks out Jon Hamm’s eight “wildest” cameos, from Aimee Mann’s latest music video to Jimmy Fallon’s Emmy awards opening skit two years ago. Mann talks to Paper Magazine about Hamm’s involvement. Check out Mother Nature Network for another kind of cameo, of Jon Hamm singing “Hey Jude” to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
• The San Jose Mercury News chooses Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt (“impossibly cute”), Elisabeth Moss (“dynamite”) and Jessica Paré (“stunning, simple and gorgeous”) as some of the best-dressed at the Emmys. Popsugar pronounced Christina Hendricks “gorgeous” on the red carpet, while Shape deems January Jones one of the night’s fittest females. Also, In Style speaks with Jason Wu, the fashion designer who dressed Jessica Paré for the Emmys.
• The Emmys opening number, featuring Christina Hendricks, was Today.com‘s funniest skit of the night.
• Mad Men won two Gold Derby TV Awards: best drama supporting actress for Christina Hendricks and best drama guest actress for Alexis Bledel.
• Elisabeth Moss tells TVLine she was “incredibly flattered” that fans were concerned about Peggy not returning to Mad Men in Season 6.
• The Hollywood Reporter credits Mad Men with the globalization of U.S. TV. [No Link]
• Daniel Radcliffe, who’s cast in A Young Doctor’s Notebook along with Jon Hamm, tells MTV he’s “very, very happy” to play a younger version of the Mad Men star.
• The New Haven Register reports on Mad Men‘s auction of a Season 6 walk-on role.Read More