New York magazine invents a faux magazine just for Don Draper, while the Huffington Post previews Christina Hendricks’ Cosmopolitan cover shoot and interview. Read on for more Mad Men news.
• The Huffington Post gives readers a sneak peek of Christina Hendricks’ March Cosmopolitan cover and six-page shoot.
• USA Today highlights Banana Republic’s encore capsule collection, inspired by Mad Men and designed in partnership with the show’s costume designer, Janie Bryant.
• Series Creator Matthew Weiner speaks to NBC Chicago about the 1960 movie The Apartment and its influence on Mad Men: “I always try and emulate that kind of storytelling, where the payoffs are visual and there’s a lot of misunderstanding, but they’re believable.”
• The New York Post reports that Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt recently ate at Al Pacino‘s table in the legendary New York restaurant, Joe Allen.
• TV.com is rewatching each episode from Mad Men‘s first four seasons to get ready for the Season 5 premiere, and providing “review notes” for each.
• The U.K.’s Shortlist names Mad Men one of the 50 coolest TV shows ever.
• John Leguizamo talks to the U.K.’s Telegraph about risk-taking in television: “Look at Mad Men and Breaking Bad. They’re incredible and everyone rushes home to see these shows.”
• Slate believes the Murray brothers (Joel among them) are “America’s greatest set of acting brothers,” even surpassing the Baldwins.Read More