This week in Mad Men press, Christina Hendricks appears on The View to discuss her sex-symbol status after making it onto this year’s Maxim Magazine’s Hot 100 list. In other news, Matthew Weiner announces that Mad Men‘s writers have gotten started on Season 5. Read on for more of this week’s news.
• Christina Hendricks talks with The View about Mad Men and her surprise at discovering her female fans are actually more flirtatious than her male admirers.
• Series creator Matthew Weiner confirms to digitalspy.com that the show’s writing team began work on the new season “about three weeks ago.”
• In an interview with TheWrap.com, Christina Hendricks professes her respect for Mad Men‘s creator, saying that “The show couldn’t be made without Matt Weiner. He is the show.”
• TheWrap.com covers Mad Men‘s receipt of five nominations in the first-ever Critics Choice Television Awards.
• The L.A. Times praises AMC and Mad Men for their generosity with regards to sending out Emmy screeners.
• At Variety Magazine’s “A Night in the Writers’ Room” event, Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner spoke about television economics.Read More