The ladies of Mad Men captured headlines this week, including Christina Hendricks’ guest appearance on Top Chef Masters and January Jones’ photoshoot and interview in Marie Claire. Read on for more.
• Christina Hendricks was a guest judge on last night’s Top Chef Masters where the contestants whipped up modern versions of ’60s dishes like Oysters Rockefeller, Ambrosia and Grasshopper Pie in honor of the Mad Men star.
• Hendricks continues to expand her small-screen profile with an upcoming guest role on ABC’s Body of Proof playing twins — both the victim and the survivor of a crime.
• January Jones opens up to British Marie Claire about her climb to fame and life as a star — the mag calls her both “delectable” and a “sultry starlet.”
• In a Hollywood Reporter article, January Jones reveals that the role of Betty Draper was created after she auditioned, saying “I took the part on faith.”
• USA Today praises Mad Men Season 4 DVD extras, particularly a “compelling” short documentary on the Ford Mustang that’s “worth watching.”
• The Chicago Tribune offers suggestions on “How to Survive Without Mad Men“ over the summer, including watching Jon Hamm in Sucker Punch and reading The Fashion File by costume designer Janie Bryant.Read More