This week, TV Guide has Peter Ocko talking about the importance of Lodge 49‘s vibe, while TheWrap reports that Paul Giamatti, an Executive Producer on the show, will have a recurring role on Season 2. Plus, Den of Geek showcases a behind-the-scenes featurette. Read on for more:
• Peter Ocko explains, “I think we stopped trying to sell what the show was about and tried to sell what the vibe is, because I think that’s what people show up for,” reports TV Guide.
• TheWrap reports that Executive Producer Paul Giamatti will appear in some Season 2 episodes, playing a writer that’s “very bizarre.”
• “What happens after Liz pays off her debts, Ernie falls victim to Captain’s land grab scheme, and Dud gets bit by a shark? Let the cast tell you, themselves, in this Lodge 49 season 2 behind the scenes featurette,” Den of Geek writes.
• According to Deadline, Jim Gavin describes Lodge 49 as “a personal story in many ways. It’s a world I know really well. We created a show about lodge as a refuge in a lonely, cold world.”
• Newsday recommends Season 2: “One of the best newcomers of the summer of 2018 returns for another season. Recall amiable aimless Dud — Wyatt Russell — who joined the mysterious fraternal order with the unusual lodge in Long Beach, California.”
• Ahead of the new season, Consequence of Sound remarks, “It’s hard to understate how much of a strange, enticing curveball Lodge 49‘s first season was when it premiered on AMC last year…If the two episodes made available to critics are any indicator, Season Two looks to follow in that same inexplicably alluring direction.”
• On a Bloody Disgusting podcast, Pollyanna McIntosh reveals she will appear in Season 2 of Lodge 49, which she describes as “not horror. It’s just really smart, funny, weird, human stuff.”
To stay up to date on all the latest Lodge 49 news, join the AMC Insiders Club.Read More