This week, The New York Times talks up Lodge 49 in its summer TV preview, while Vulture recommends catching up on Season 1. Plus, IndieWire hails the show as a binge-watch. Read on for more:
• The New York Times includes Lodge 49 in its summer TV preview: “Jim Gavin’s sunny Southern California fable about the members of a faded, highly fanciful fraternal order gets a second season. Give thanks for TV’s ravenous appetite for content, and AMC’s good taste.”
• Vulture recommends streaming Season 1 before Season 2 debuts on Aug. 12: “This AMC series about an aimless surfer dude (Wyatt Russell) who finds purpose and odd mystery in a fraternal organization was one of last summer’s most pleasant surprises. It’s the sort of pleasantly weird, ambling series that’s perfect for summertime.”
• IndieWire deems Lodge 49 one of the best shows to binge, saying, “The 10 episodes are gentle, congenial viewing that occasionally feels profound or magical.”
• Den of Geek includes Lodge 49 in its summer TV preview, calling it “one of scripted TV’s most unique creations.”
• The Oregonian includes Lodge 49 and its Aug. 12 Season 2 Premiere in its list of summer TV shows to watch.
To stay up to date on all the latest Lodge 49 news, join the AMC Insiders Club.Read More