This week, the Los Angeles Times highlights Hell on Wheels as leading the reemergence of Westerns on TV, while EW is singing the show’s music. Keep reading to see what other press has been piling up for Hell on Wheels.
• Entertainment Weekly includes Gillian Welch’s “Scarlet Town” from Hell on Wheels Episode 4, “Jamais Je Ne T’oublierai” on its weekly list of favorite songs on TV.
• The Vancouver Sun names Hell on Wheels one of the year’s top 10 television series, citing the show’s “cool calculation and an epic, eye-filling sweep.”
• Common graces the cover of Jet [no link] and talks to the magazine about the importance of staying humble in the entertainment business.
• Also interested in Common is XXL, delving into his music career and his reputation for being a well-behaved rapper.
• The Calgary Herald speaks with the Canadian actors who play supporting roles in Hell on Wheels, including Toole and Senator Crane.
• Hollywood.com showcases exclusive photos from Episode 6, “Pride, Pomp, and Circumstance,” and applauds Hell on Wheels for its “terrific acting and intriguing writing.”
• Entertainment Paradise calls Hell on Wheels “one of my favorite new shows,” describing it as “a western with a very honest and sometimes brutal portrayal of the old west.”
• Gossip Newsstand is in awe of Common‘s physically fit body.Read More