This week, Deadline provides details on Fear the Walking Dead‘s Comic-Con panel, while TVLine applauds Sydney Lemmon’s performance last week. Plus, CBR spotlights new key art for Comic-Con. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports the show’s July 19 panel will feature Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Danay Garcia, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Rubén Blades, Karen David, Scott M. Gimple, Andrew Chambliss, Ian Goldberg, Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and Michael Satrazemis.
• TVLine applauds Sydney Lemmon’s performance in last week’s episode, noting that “by the time Isabelle betrayed her mission to let Al live, Lemmon had us hoping against hope that the kiss the couple shared wasn’t really the goodbye kind.”
• CBR spotlights new key art for Comic-Con.
• ComicBook.com observes that this week’s episode “references The Walking Dead’s Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) as Dwight (Austin Amelio) continues the hunt for his missing wife.”
• Discussing the latest episode, Decider waxes lyrical about “the absolutely delightful visual of Strand guiding a hot air balloon shaped like a beer bottle with Jim’s face on it over the Texas countryside. And I want to stress, it is delightful.”
• CBR adds, “Hot air balloons — especially beer-shaped hot air balloons — aren’t exactly set pieces anyone would have associated with the post-apocalyptic nature of either Fear the Walking Dead or The Walking Dead, but times and tones are changing.”
• ComicBook.com notes that this week’s episode “revealed a discouraging update in Dwight’s (Austin Amelio) search for disappeared wife Sherry (Christine Evangelista).”
• Cinema Blend speculates, “Considering how things usually go in this franchise, and for Dwight in particular, the smart money would be on Dwight and Sherry’s story reaching a grim and possibly heartbreaking conclusion at some point.”
• Uproxx agrees that “the odds of a Dwight and Sherry reunion are growing slimmer by the week.”
• CBR focuses on Annie, who’s “still unwilling to leave with Alicia and their group (despite yet another impassioned speech from Morgan about helping people), same as always. But she does finally reveal what’s driving her to stay, and it’s both heartbreaking and familiar.”
Fear the Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9/8c.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news, join the Fear the Walking Dead Insiders Club.Read More