This week, Entertainment Weekly discusses the all-Spanish episode with Dave Erickson, while The Hollywood Reporter and others interview Ruben Blades about Daniel’s escapades. Plus, Erickson talks about the show’s web series offshoots. Read on for more:
• Entertainment Weekly speaks with Dave Erickson, who explains the latest episode was all in Spanish because “if you’re telling a story that’s set in Mexico and the characters are all Spanish-speaking characters, there’s no reason to play it in English.”
• Ruben Blades tells The Hollywood Reporter, “With Salazar, I’ve always loved that this character is so opposed to me. I’ve been denouncing dictatorships for 50 years. All of the sudden I’m playing someone who actually ended up working — or was forced to work — in support of one, or as a part of organizations of intelligence and military.”
• “I knew the return of Salazar was something that was possible because of the way the last episode with Salazar — in that burning cellar — was staged. When I finally got the word I was very happy,” Ruben Blades explains to Variety.
• Discussing the most recent episode’s final moments with ComicBook.com, Ruben Blades says, “I tell you something, I get chills when I think about it. It was such a wonderful moment, because even at one point I was thinking, ‘What is Salazar gonna do?'”
• Talking about the show’s short-form web series, such as Fear the Walking Dead: Passage, with Deadline, Dave Erickson says that “you do have these characters you have established who you can thread back in if it works organically.”
• Bustle declares that Daniel is “a compelling character, and it’s good to have him back on the show.”
• TVLine asks, “Fear the Walking Dead‘s Geoff made you want your own walker head in a birdcage, didn’t it — at least for Halloween?”
• Talking to Yahoo about Strand’s style, Colman Domingo says, “From the very beginning, he had it together and was very polished. Even if he has a bandanna, he wears it a certain way. He doesn’t give up his style even in the apocalypse.”
• Den of Geek interviews Dave Erickson, who previews the Midseason Finale, touches on Travis’s death and talks about his favorite episode of the show.
• Paste recommends Fear the Walking Dead, applauding how Season 3 “premiered with some game-changing twists, and the fact that it’s not beholden to the comic that inspired the flagship series gives it a certain level of unpredictability that can be a nice change of pace for zombie fans.”
• Alycia Debnam-Carey explains to IGN, “What’s amazing about Alicia, and what I think she doesn’t get enough credit for, is she seems to be the most levelheaded out of everyone. She’s the one that anchors ethics and morals the most out of Nick and Madison.”
• Hypable doesn’t want Nick and Troy to be friends: “Someone needs to put a stop to this friendship now, before it’s too late, before Troy infects Nick’s mind with all his crazy ideas!”
Watch “100” on amc.com and Chromecast, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, AMC mobile apps. Explore the episode with Chris Hardwick on this week’s Talking Dead.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news, join the Fear the Walking Dead Insiders Club.Read More