This week, MediaPost touts Vince Gilligan as one of TV’s best showrunners, and the San Jose Mercury News advises binge-watching Breaking Bad. Plus, Gold Derby wonders if Bryan Cranston will get a fourth Emmy this year. Read on for more:
• MediaPost says the rise of cable has helped usher in a second golden age of TV and notes that it’s “no coincidence that the greatest shows have the best showrunners,” citing Vince Gilligan as an example.
• The San Jose Mercury News suggests binge-watching Breaking Bad, calling it a show that “many consider to be the best show going.”
• CarterMatt.com highlights a behind-the-scenes video, which shows “a little bit of the scenery and the world that is going to exist in the final eight episodes.” Cinema Blend and The Huffington Post also check out the video.
• Dean Norris feels “prePBBSD (post BB stress disorder) coming on,” according to CarterMatt.com.
• Bryan Cranston had a birthday this week, and Uproxx marked the occasion with 20 animated Walter White GIFs “celebrating some of the finest acting that will ever grace our television sets.”
• RJ Mitte tells Albuquerque’s KOAT, “The writers have outdone themselves” with the final episodes of the series.
• As Uproxx waits for Breaking Bad to start up again, it’s distracting itself with videos, stories and spoilers.
• Albuquerque’s KOAT reports on the Breaking Bad doughnut offered at a local pastry shop.
• To stay up-to-date on the latest news about Breaking Bad, sign up for the weekly newsletter Breaking News.Read More