This week, Vince Gilligan tells Digital Spy that he knows how Breaking Bad will end while Vanity Fair writes about TV’s ascendance, citing Breaking Bad as an example. Read on for more:
• Digital Spy has a Q&A with Vince Gilligan, who confirms, “We have a pretty good idea of where it’s all going to end up.”
• Vanity Fair cites Breaking Bad and Mad Men as examples of why “TV is where the action is, the addictions forged, the dream machine operating on all cylinders.”
• TheWrap has a video of Breaking Bad‘s title sequence reimagined in Mad Men style, featuring Walter White falling past a Los Pollos Hermanos logo and a “Better Call Saul” ad.
• The Huffington Post interviews David Costabile and decides that his version of “Crapa Pelada” in Season 3, Episode 13, “Full Measure,” is superior to Jessica Paré’s “Zou Bisou Bisou” in Mad Men.
• Comedian Paul Scheer creates a Breaking Bad animated gifs fan site, complete with introductory video dressed as Walt from the Pilot episode.
• I Am Rogue touts Bryan Cranston‘s appearance at the end of a trailer for Total Recall, saying his introduction “as the villainous Cohaagen is the biggest moment for any fans of Breaking Bad.” MTV says, “Bryan Cranston makes everything better,” while Den of Geek thinks his is “a fantastic casting choice.”
• TV.com notes that Dean Norris is one of the “bigger names” that will appear in Season 2 of Adult Swim’s Eagleheart.
• According to The Hollywood Reporter, Giancarlo Esposito will star in an off-Broadway production of John Patrick Shanley’s Storefront Church.
• Check out Danny Trejo (Tortuga) in the latest trailer of Bad Ass at Cinema Blend, which thinks the actor “sure is good” at tough-guy roles.Read More