The Directors Guild of America has announced their nominees for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Television for 2011. Breaking Bad‘s Vince Gilligan was honored with a nomination in the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series category for his work on the Season 4 finale, “Face Off.” This is Gilligan’s first DGA nomination.
The nomination was one of two nods in the category for AMC: Patty Jenkins was also nominated for her work on The Killing‘s Season 1 premiere, “Pilot.”
Gilligan and Jenkins will face off against Michael Cuesta (Homeland, “Pilot,” Showtime), Tim Van Patten (Game of Thrones, “Winter is Coming” [Pilot], HBO), and Michael Waxman (Friday Night Lights, “Always” [Series Finale], NBC).
The full directorial team behind “Face Off” is as follows:
• Unit Production Manager: Stewart A. Lyons
• First Assistant Director: Nina Jack
• Second Assistant Director: Louis Lanni
• Assistant Unit Production Manager: James Paul Hapsas
• Second Second Assistant Directors: Anna Ramey, Joann Connolly
The winners will be announced at the 64th Annual DGA Awards Dinner on Sat., Jan. 28 at the Grand Ballroom in Los Angeles.Read More