This week AMCtv.com asked Breaking Bad fans to post videos of themselves explaining why they love the series. Never ones to stay silent, the commenters weighed in as well: Men and women in their 40’s and 50’s, teenagers, soldiers, former addicts and people who have never been near a drug — all love Breaking Bad for a variety of reasons. Read on to see a few of them.
• “I’m a 56-year-old white, divorced, professional male who didn’t know anything whatsoever about drugs until I started watching Breaking Bad.” — JosephHigginbotham
• “I was a miserable drug addict for 4 1/2 years. I got clean and now im almost 5 years sober. This show speaks to me in a way that no other piece of media does… You can show kids all the poorly made PSA’s about drugs you want, but nothing sells the fact to never do drugs like Breaking bad does.” — jesse bennett
• “I’m in my fifties, two of my colleagues also watch, one is 50+ and the other 60+. All three white professionals, two straight women and one gay man. We water cooler the show every week and hate the long dry spells between seasons.” — Kate Chapin
• “I’m a 44-year-old male, soon to be retired from the military and enrolled in nursing school. I had heard a lot of good things about BB, and when I was preparing to deploy to Iraq last summer I downloaded the show from iTunes and watched it on my laptop during breaks from training. I liked it so much that I sometimes watched three or more episodes a night and finished Season Three shortly after arriving in Iraq.” — rafa8134
• “You can be Seventy or Seventeen if you love it, which all tv viewers should, then it’s right up your alley… I’m 18, yo! Just graduated from High school May 15th.” — Quebrando Mal
• “I’m a 45 year old married mom from Michigan who discovered Breaking Bad on day one through an affection for the work and talent of creator Vince Gilligan — dating all the way back to his first script work on The X-Files back in the dark ages of the early 90’s.” — Pamala
Log onto the Talk forum to join in any of these conversations or start a Breaking Bad topic of your own.Read More