The verdict is in, and Breaking Bad‘s creator has made his choice for the Video Contest Grand Prize winner: Jane Parsons, the fifth-grade teacher from Fresno, CA has won a walk-on role in Season 3 and $1,000! But don’t take our word for it. Hear the news from Vince himself:
“I was so impressed — and oddly, touched — by all the finalists’ videos. Plus, I’ll bet there were some other great ones from the first round that I never got to see. But while it’s exceedingly hard to pick a single winner in this competition (I’d love to be able to award multiple prizes, but sadly that’s not possible), I have to give the nod to Jane Parsons of Fresno, California. Her video hit on all cylinders for me. It was original, it was funny, it made nice use of props (LOVED the tortoise! Actually, is he a prop, or an actor..?).
Finally, Jane is an actual teacher! How cool is that?!
My sincere thanks to all our contest entrants, and congratulations to the finalists. As Jesse might say, ‘Mad props on your skillz, yo!'”
Our congratulations to Jane! May you break with the baddest of them.
The ten First Prize-winning entries are…
1. Derrick Collins Breaks Bad (Columbus, OH)
2. Gadi Respes Breaks Bad (Mays Landing, NJ)
3. Daniel Janis Breaks Bad (Columbia, MD)
4. Tom Kida Breaks Bad (Wood-Ridge, NJ)
5. Tom Kruszewski Breaks Bad (Commerce, MI)
6. Tom Kruszewski Breaks Bad (Commerce, MI)
7. William Howard Breaks Bad (Fort Worth, TX)
8. Angie Griffin Breaks Bad (Osh Kosh, WI)
9. Luke Soroko Breaks Bad (Aurora, CO)
10. Tim Friedman Breaks Bad (Bowling Green, OH)