This week, Bob Odenkirk speaks with IndieWire about Chuck, while Forbes interviews Gennifer Hutchison. Plus, IndieWire is impressed by the show’s Emmy campaign ad. Read on for more:
• Bob Odenkirk tells IndieWire, “Because Jimmy was a part of the many things that happened that got Chuck booted [from Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill], I don’t know how he doesn’t feel some weight and responsibility for Chuck expiring.”
• Forbes interviews Saul writer Gennifer Hutchison, who advises aspiring TV writers that “the schedule is so tight that just being able to just show up every day and consistently do your job is hugely valuable. Being a team player.”
• In Emmy talk, IndieWire spotlights how Better Call Saul has “found a unique way to push out the For Your Consideration message” for Season 3, with a re-edit of Saul’s original commercial for his production services. Entertainment Weekly and Variety have more on the ad.
• Speaking with Den of Geek, Bryan Cranston says, “I look at Better Call Saul as a real big fan of that show. And not because there’s some familiarity too it, but because it’s just damn good.”
• Interviewed by News.com.au about Better Call Saul, Vince Gilligan says, “We feel we owed our viewers a great debt for being fans of the first show and wanted to reward their loyalty by keeping all of the episodes of the shows up to the level of quality seen in Breaking Bad.”
• BT.com advises watching Better Call Saul: “Funny, intriguing and visually captivating, Better Call Saul has been hailed by critics for both Bob Odenkirk’s performance and the stellar screenwriting.”
To stay up-to-date with all the latest news, sign up for the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.Read More