This week, Bob Odenkirk reacts to his Emmy nod, while TV Guide calls Better Call Saul one of the year’s best. Plus, Odenkirk will attend a night celebrating the show at an Albuquerque baseball game. Read on for more:
• According to the Albuquerque Journal, “Seven. It’s a lucky number and also the number of Emmy nominations New Mexico-filmed Better Call Saul received,” in the categories of Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Bob Odenkirk and Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Jonathan Banks.
• Bob Odenkirk tells the Los Angeles Times that Better Call Saul gives him “the opportunity to play things non-ironically and that’s really neat.”
• E! Online has Bob Odenkirk’s reaction to his Emmy nod: “Wow! I am blown away! I am surrounded by excellence on Better Call Saul and to be picked out of that line-up is a crazy honor.”
• TheWrap talks to Bob Odenkirk, who says there are projects that prove viewers are “capable of watching something done quietly and with sensitivity. And I think Better Call Saul is one of those things that’s here to remind us all that you can ask a lot of people.”
• TV Guide deems Better Call Saul one of the year’s best so far, as it “slowed to a crawl and explored its immaculately rendered world, letting viewers really get to know Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk) and the people around him.”
• The Albuquerque Journal reports that Bob Odenkirk will attend Better Call Saul night on Aug. 6 at an Albuquerque Isotopes game.
• The Hollywood Reporter also compliments Better Call Saul, which “continued its organic improvement from an already promising first season.”
• According to Media Life Magazine, 44 percent of Better Call Saul‘s Netflix viewership hails from the demo of adults aged 18-34 demo, vs. 24 percent on AMC.
• The Observer posts a photo of Bob Odenkirk taken by Michael Lewis, who “takes us behind the scenes and speaks about the unique self-portraits he creates with his celebrity subjects.”
• Deadline reports that Jonathan Banks has joined the cast of Jaume Collet-Serra’s The Commuter, which stars Liam Neeson and will open Oct. 13, 2017.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest news, sign up for the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.Read More