This week, Jonathan Banks talks about “Five-O” with Variety, while GoldDerby interviews Bob Odenkirk. Plus, Vince Gilligan talks about wanting Bryan Cranston on Better Call Saul. Read on for more:
• Jonathan Banks, interviewed by Variety about the scene between Mike and his daughter-in-law in “Five-O,” says, “Honesty is what it really was. I have to be as honest with this as I possibly know how. And I’ve lived long enough. I have kids.”
• GoldDerby talks to Bob Odenkirk, who says “Pimento” is the episode that “took the most to do and the most out of me and I’m very proud of the work that I did. And I’m gonna say that one of the reasons I did well was because I was acting with Michael McKean.”
• Vince Gilligan confirms to the New York Daily News, “It would be great to see Walter White on Better Caul Saul. It would be a shame if the show had its run — hopefully a very long run — and he never appeared.”
• Thomas Schnauz, in a Q&A with the Los Angeles Times, discusses Jimmy and Chuck’s big fight, noting, “Even though what Chuck does is despicable, he’s also right because we’ve seen what Jimmy has done.”
• TVLine speaks about Better Call Saul to Raymond Cruz, who says, “It was amazing to go back and to do this prequel [spinoff], to process the character at a different time in his life. It takes such high energy to pull off Tuco.”
• The Huffington Post wants Emmy nominations for Bob Odenkirk (who “gave depth and more humor to his spinoff character Jimmy McGill”), Michael McKean and Jonathan Banks.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Better Call Saul news, join the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.Read More