Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I am being asked to authenticate with my TV provider to access full episodes on the AMC app?
Full episodes are offered as a benefit to TV subscribers whose provider offers the full episode service and whose package includes the AMC channel. We require a TV login to confirm your access.Please note: The AMC app does occasionally make select full episodes available without requiring login.
2. Which TV providers provide access to full episodes on the AMC app?
- AT&T U-Verse
- Atlantic Broadband
- BEK Communications
- Blue Ridge Communications
- Bright House Networks
- Cable ONE
- Comcast XFINITY
- Consolidated Communications
- EPB Fiber Optics
- Google Fiber
- Grafton Tech
- Grande Communications
- Hawaiian Telcom
- Home Town Communications
- Hotwire Communications
- Inter Mountain Cable
- LUS Fiber
- Liberty Cablevision of PR
- Midcontinent Communications
- NewWave Communications
- PlayStation™ Vue
- Randolph Telephone
- Service Electric Cable TV and Communications
- Service Electric Cablevision
- Swiftel Communications
- Time Warner Cable
- Verizon FiOS
If you are unsure whether you have a username/password for your TV company or you’ve forgotten them, you can recover both by contacting your TV provider via the links listed above.
More are being added regularly so please check back if you don’t see your provider on this list.
When you click to watch a full episode, you will be offered the opportunity to login using the username/password associated with your TV account. You can also sign in via the main navigation menu.
3. What if my TV provider isn’t listed?
If your TV provider does not provide the full episodes service, please check back periodically to see if they’ve been added. We are currently working on bringing new providers on board.
4. Do I need a TV provider log in to watch video extras on the app?
No, video extras are available without a TV provider login.
5. Why am I being signed in automatically to my TV provider?
Since we use the same authentication service as other TV apps, your TV provider account may be carried over to the AMC app for your convenience.
6. Why am I being asked to sign in again?
Your TV provider may ask you to re-verify your account periodically.
7. I logged in with my TV provider username/password but when I attempt to play a full episode, I get an error message that says I am not authorized to view this content. What does this mean?
If you have seen this message, it means that you are either a customer of a supported TV company but not a customer who subscribes to AMC, your subscription is for Internet only, or parental control settings are blocking this content.
Therefore, you cannot access the full episode on the AMC app. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your TV company and confirm that you are subscribing to AMC.
8. Do all full episodes require authentication with my TV provider?
Sometimes individual episodes are offered without login requirements during limited promotional periods.
9. Which AMC originals are featured in the AMC app?
AMC originals with available full episodes are featured on the home screen. The AMC app also features our most popular shows. You can access the home screen by clicking on ‘Shows’ in the menu bar.
10. Is closed captioning available on the AMC app?
You can always count on AMC originals being closed-captioned whatever device you use. AMC is committed to providing closed captioning for our hearing-impaired viewers.
11. Am I able to resume a full episode I was watching before I exited the app?
Yes. If you navigate to the ‘Recently Watched’ page found in the main navigation menu, you will see a list of recently watched full episodes. You can tap on an episode to restart or resume play.
12. Can I purchase or download a full episode if it’s not available on the AMC app?
If a full episode is not available on the AMC app, you will be able to purchase the episode through the ‘Buy Now’ button on the episode page.
13. Can I simultaneously sign into multiple devices?
Yes, you can simultaneously sign into multiple devices of the same platform but your TV provider may restrict a maximum number of allowed devices for concurrent streaming.
14. Which devices are compatible with the AMC app?
We recommend using iOS devices with iOS 8 or later installed.
15. Which operating systems are compatible with the AMC app?
We recommend using the latest operating system for iOS.
16. Do I need to be connected to the Internet or Wi-Fi to access full episodes on the AMC app?
Yes, you will need a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G connection or higher.
17. Is the app free to download?
No purchase is required to download the AMC app, but to view certain full episodes, you must login with your TV provider. For more information, click here.
18. Is the AMC app available for download internationally?
Currently, the AMC app is available for download in the United States, Canada and U.S. territories including American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, US Military, United States Minor Outlying Islands and US Virgin Islands.
19. Does the AMC app have push notifications?
We do not have push notifications at the moment.
20. Does the AMC app support Chromecast and AirPlay?
We are currently working to have Chromecast and AirPlay enabled on the AMC app. We appreciate your patience.
21. I am running into technical difficulties on the AMC app. What should I do?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with our app, please make sure you have the correct system requirements. Also, please try closing the app then reopening it and signing in again. If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving detailed information including your device model, operating system and TV provider if applicable.
22. I have a question about the AMC app that is not listed here. What should I do?
Please email email@example.com if you have a question about the AMC app that is not listed on this page.
23. Have more general questions about AMC or want to contact us?
Contact AMC at firstname.lastname@example.org