THR on Season 4 Renewal; Cinema Blend Talks New Preacher Location
This week, The Hollywood Reporter and several other publications report on the Season 4 renewal, while Cinema Blend discusses the possible Australian influence on the show. Plus, A.V. Club discusses Preacher's risk-taking. Read on for more:
• Preacher has been renewed for a 10-episode Season 4, with production set to start in Australia early next year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
• Cinema Blend notes that Season 4 "will retain the same 10-episode structure of past seasons, so that should provide an abundance of moments for the comic-based series to show off Australia's unique and widely varied landscapes and settings."
• A.V. Club observes, "Preacher distinguished itself over the last three years as quite possibly the least-limitation-imposed series on television, taking source material—Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s beloved comic series—that was already pretty out there in terms of violence and big, weird ideas, and pushing it to every possible extreme."
• Vulture comments that the renewal "means so many more hours with Tulip (Ruth Negga), Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), Jesse (Dominic Cooper), and Jesse’s amazing tall hair."
• Geek Tyrant calls the renewal "great news! I’ve been enjoying the hell out of this show because it’s just super wicked fun."
• Australia's Inside Film reports that Season 4 will shoot in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
For the latest sneak peeks, full episodes and more, sign up for the Preacher Insiders Club.