There’s no getting around it: the Duke is one of the most recognizable Hollywood stars of all time. He personifies the American cowboy, but don’t pigeonhole Wayne that way. His range extends far beyond the Western: he made classic war movies (The Longest Day, Sands of Iwo Jima), love stories (The Quiet Man), and even over-the-top comedies (North to Alaska). Here’s a look at some of the classics he helped create.
- John Wayne’s Western Road TripA Western trail through the U.S., inspired by the Duke’s movies.
- John Wayne Ultimate Fan QuizTen trivia questions about the Hollywood legend’s career.
- John Wayne Quotes QuizProof that the Duke has more memorable lines than “Howdy, pardner.”
- John Wayne TournamentAn online battle between the Duke’s most iconic characters.
- John Wayne’s Best MoviesYour chance to decide which Wayne pic deserves top billing.
- Top Ten John Wayne WesternsEver wondered how Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and True Grit stacked up?
- Review: The Quiet ManAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest non-Western movies.
Review: The SearchersAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest Westerns. Review: StagecoachAn in-depth look at one of the Duke’s breakthrough hits.