John Wayne’s enemies presented a motley, challenging crew: drunken scoundrels, murderous villains, Apache warriors, and invaders on all other fronts made his job as the big screen’s most famous Western star a very busy one. Unfortunately for him, his battles don’t end there. Now it’s time for him to duke it out with himself in an ultimate showdown of his roles. He’s played a fugitive (Stagecoach), a ruffian (True Grit), a Civil War veteran (The Searchers), a sheriff (Rio Bravo), a gunfighter (The Shootist), and a soldier you may have heard of with the name Davy Crockett (The Alamo), each role tougher than the last. But which stoic, courageous, tell-it-like-it-is Wayne role can outshoot the rest? Vote now to decide.
- John Wayne’s Western Road TripA Western trail through the U.S.A., inspired by The Duke’s movies.
- John Wayne Ultimate Fan QuizTen trivia questions about the Hollywood legend’s career.
- John Wayne Quotes QuizProof that The Duke has more memorable lines than “Howdy, Pardner.”
- John Wayne TournamentAn online battle between The Duke’s most iconic characters.
- John Wayne’s Best MoviesYour chance to decide which Wayne pic deserves top billing.
- Top Ten John Wayne WesternsEver wondered how Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and True Grit stacked up?
- Review: The Quiet ManAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest non-Western movies.
- Review: The SearchersAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest Westerns.
- Review: StagecoachAn in-depth look at The Duke’s breakthrough hit.