It’s no surprise that Avatar leads the pack with 35% of the votes for Best Picture, but Meryl Streep (Julie and Julia) had better watch her back in the Best Actress category. While Streep initially looked to be the favorite, Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) is breathing down her neck with 38% of the votes. (Streep has not much more than that.)
In the Supporting categories, the leaders are infinitely clearer. Mo’Nique (Precious) and Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) are blowing their competitors out of the water with tallies of 47% and 55%, respectively.
Best Adapted Screenplay appears to be the only other category with a true race going on. Will sleeper hit District 9 (33%) overthrow Precious (26%) and Up in the Air (30%)? Only your votes will tell. Well, yours and those of the Academy.
- Academy Awards PollsYour chance to vote for your favorites
- Analysis of the NomineesAn examination of this year’s contenders
- Photo Gallery of FrontrunnersSee which movies are up for the most awards
- Countdown to the Red Carpet VideoVideo Q&As with this year’s frontrunners
- AMC News Text Q&AsText Q&As with this year’s frontrunners
- Ultimate Fan QuizSee how well you know the Academy Awards
- History of the AwardsA comprehensive look at Oscars past
- Previous UpsetsWho overcame the odds
- Strange NominationsSometimes the Oscars don’t make sense