• The combined might of Avatar and Sherlock Holmes gave Hollywood the biggest Christmas weekend box office gross of all time with $278 million in receipts. Avatar took in $75 million over the weekend, while Sherlock pulled in a close $65.3. Even Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel took in $50 million. It’s safe to say that no one was talking to their relatives this holiday season.
• Word has it Mr. T will not cameo in the A-Team remake. Well, that ends the year on a
• A private funeral was held for Brittany Murphy on Christmas Eve. A larger memorial will take place in the new year.
• Word is the Avatar sequel will take place off of Pandora. So let’s mull that little tidbit and meet back here in 2021 when it finally comes out, ‘kay?
• Star Trek is apparently the most pirated movie of the year. Could space DVD pirates be the enemy in the sequel?
• Director Joe Johnston plans to start shooting the Captain America movie in June. Let the rampant casting speculation begin!
• Some enterprising Macaulay Culkin fans recreated Home Alone via Twitter for the holiday season. Nothing like spending the holidays with brother Buzz and the creepy old man next door.Read More