• The chairman of Marvel Studios has stepped down in order to make way for the Disney/Marvel merger. The new chairman? Goofy.
• Oscar producer Adam Shankman is tweeting about the ceremony and it’s making the Academy nervous. Maybe he shouldn’t have let everyone know that his bagel was getting cold.
• Hunger director Steve McQueen will helm Fela, a biopic based on the life of African activist and musician Fela Kuti. No, Steve McQueen didn’t come back from the dead. This is the Steve McQueen who wasn’t in Bullitt.
• Peter Jackson confirmed that casting for The Hobbit will start this week. So if you see a lot of actors walking around on their knees, they’re probably headed to the audition.
• David Fincher’s The Social Network, the story of the creation of Facebook, will hit theaters next October. Update your Twitter status accordingly.
One of the television industry’s most eligible executives is
off the market.
TV News: Sheri Salata and Erik Logan to head media co.
from Hollywood Reporter by By Jay A. Fernandez
The Sundance Institute announced the short film program for
its 2010 film festival Monday.
Film News: Thesp to receive festival’s Achievement award —
The Palm Springs International Film Festival will present Jeff Bridges with its
Desert Palm Achievement Award.
Strong reviews and an early awards win drove “Up in the
Air” to a spectacular takeoff.
Fox says the new James Cameron flick is the most expensive
it’s ever made.
from /Film by firstname.lastname@example.org (slashfilm.com)
When he joined Quentin Tarantino and the cast of Inglourious Basterds at
Cannes in May, Eli Roth announced the title of his next feature: Endangered
from Paste Magazine
The wait is finally over for Harry Potter and the Deathly
from MTV Movies Blog by Rick Marshall
Last month, “Deadpool” and “Green Lantern” star Ryan
Reynolds gave us an update on both films and offered even more reason why
he’s the actor MTV is most thankful for this year.
NEW YORK (AP) — Diane Sawyer says this week is her last as
co-anchor of ABC’s “Good Morning America” as she prepares to replace Charles
Gibson on the network’s “World News.”
from Entertainment Weekly’s News Briefs by Simon Vozick-Levinson
Adam Lambert will perform his song “Whataya Want From Me” on
the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance, the show announced via press
from Hollywood Reporter by By James Hibberd
Oxygen is developing a new reality show with Russell Simmons
that focuses on the women in his life.
from NYT > Television by By EDWARD WYATT
A show about Italian-Americans has brought accusations of
stereotyping, and another about reuniting adoptees with their birth parents has
riled adoption groups.
from EW.com: TV
By Michael Ausiello
Michael Ausiello confirms exclusively Vanessa Williams’ bro, Chris, will guest
as Willy’s sib — in drag!
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A VH1 reality series that promises an
inside look at the lives of NBA players’ wives and girlfriends is set to air
early next year.
Rock survivors Pearl Jam are announced as the headline act
for 2010’s Hard Rock Calling event in London.
from MTV News
‘I have so much respect for original artists and artists who
aren’t afraid to do what they want to do,’ she tells MTV News.
from MTV News
‘I’m still writing,’ ‘Gossip Girl’ star reveals.Read More