• The Blind Side took the top spot at the box office this weekend, scoring $20.4 million and racking a bevy of sports-related headline puns. Not that we’d know anything about that.
• The scifi film Moon was the big winner at the British Independent Film Awards, taking Best Film and honors for director Duncan Jones. Our submission? Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
• Twilight studio Summit Entertainment is tackling vampires again with the action movie Vlad, based on the story of the real-life inspiration for Dracula. While he was once known as Vlad the Impaler, he’ll be going by his lesser-known moniker “Vlad the Texter” for Summit’s tween-friendly version.
• McG has plans to make two more Terminator installments, whether audiences want them or not. Why doesn’t he just release footage of the Christian Bale rant and call it a day?
• The first teaser trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has
been released. You remember Harry Potter, right? That’s the franchise
based on the non-sparkly wizard teens who actually do stuff instead of
waiting around for a vampire or werewolf to save them.
• Mark Wahlberg has revealed plans for an Entourage movie, based on the inexplicably still popular HBO series. Haven’t they exhausted Hollywood’s supply of vacant model types yet?
• Heavy metal doc Anvil: The Story of Anvil was named Best Documentary of the year by the International Documentary Association.Read More