• The first official photos from Disney’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice have been released. Cage’s wizard still looks a homeless ’80s rock star.
• Rachel McAdams is reportedly in talks to play Black Cat in Spider-Man 4. Word has it British actress Romola Garai is also in the running. Fanboys can argue over who should wear the tight leather costume.
• The first teaser trailer for Clash of the Titans has arrived. Too much CGI, not enough weird Ray Harryhausen stop-motion monsters.
• The first trailer for Kick-Ass, the violent teen comic book movie, has been released. It looks like Superbad with superheroes, and not just because “McLovin” is in it.
• J.J. Abrams will not be adapting Stephen King’s Dark Tower anytime soon. He’s too busy with his other major geek franchises.
from FT.com – Media
Comcast may seal a deal to buy a controlling stake in NBC
Universal from General Electric by next Monday
Lions Gate Entertainment swung to $31.7 million in net
income during its second fiscal quarter compared with a net loss of $51.8
million a year ago.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Nominees for the People’s Choice Awards
are out, and the people choose vampires….
A Christmas Carol (2009) tops Monday’s box office with $1.6
A director has yet to be named for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking
Dawn,” but series star Robert Pattinson is putting in a good word for director
Gus Van Sant.
A documentary which rapper Lil Wayne tried to block being
shown will now be officially released.
from /Film by firstname.lastname@example.org (slashfilm.com)
Clint Eastwood works fast. He had two films out last year, Changeling
and Gran Torino. He’s got Invictus opening next month, but is
already shooting his next picture, called Hereafter.
from MTV Movies Blog by Eric Ditzian
“Se7en.” “Fight Club.” “Zodiac.” Good movies, all
– some even great – yet not exactly laugh riots.
— Americans, a new Nielsen report indicated today, are watching more TV than
ever, with the average viewer spending four hours and 49 minutes a day in front
of the set.
from Defamer by Richard Rushfield
In a time of chaos, the wise mogul keeps his enemies close, and his
off-their-rocker trainwreck creations closer.
from Entertainment Weekly’s Hollywood Insider by Jennifer
ABC’s planned reality competition Let’s Dance won’t make its
original Nov. 23 premiere, but the Kathy Griffin-hosted show is still in the
works for next year, a production source says.
NEW YORK (AP) — Aerosmith’s lead guitarist Joe Perry says
the legendary rock band isn’t breaking up – although they may be in need a new
While writing songs for “Rated R,” Rihanna had to
let down her guard, she said.