• Zombieland took the top spot at the box office this weekend with $25 million. Moviegoers were surprised to discover it wasn’t a twisted sequel to star Jesse Eisenberg’s Adventureland.
• A new shot of Robert Downey Jr. in the Iron Man costume has been released. I realize Tony Stark’s identity is public and all. But should he really be eating at a diner in costume?
• The first look at Liam Neeson as Zeus in Clash of the Titans has been released. Did they just repaint Gary Oldman’s Vlad the Impaler costume from Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
• Disney has announced plans to reduce the amount of films released under the Miramax banner.
• Stellan Skarsgard has reportedly joined the cast of Thor in a top-secret role.
That’s just rough. His son Alexander doesn’t get the lead, and now he
has to play second fiddle to Chris Hemsworth? Woe betide to thee that
dost “diss-eth” the mighty Skarsgard.
• The second trailer for Martin Scorsese’s Shutter Island is here for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately, it’s been pushed back to February. Win some, lose some.Read More