• Producer Stephen L’Heureux says that Sin City 2 will go into production at the end of 2010, although whether it will be Robert Rodriguez or Frank Miller directing seems yet to be determined.
• Paranormal Activity (which cost $15,000 to make) has officially surpassed The Blair Witch Project as the most profitable movie. Ever.
• Columbia is putting the pieces together for Men in Black 3, although neither Tommy Lee Jones or Will Smith have committed at this point.
• Just because it’s not yet Halloween doesn’t mean we can’t start with award season news: Jonathan Demme, Quentin Tarantino and Kirk Douglas will all be handing out statuettes come the big night.
• Apparently, Sony believes This Is It has Oscar potential and plans to submit it as a Best Picture contender. (It missed the documentary entry deadline.)
from Paste Magazine
Earlier this week, AdAge reported that ‘Sunday Night
Football’ is still TV’s costliest show. Now the trade is wondering if Sunday is
the new Thursday….
Movie studios trying to reduce carbon footprint by using
from Hollywood Reporter by By Alex Ben Block
To get pics made, producers are trying ever more elaborate,
from indieWIRE News
Huge local crowds, a little bit of chaos and international
stars turned out Thursday night for the official opening of the inaugural Doha
Tribeca Film Festival in the Persian Gulf state of
from The Hollywood Reporter – Awards by By Stuart Kemp
Jacques Audiard’s “A Prophet” won the inaugural
best film nod presented during this year’s The Times BFI 53rd London Film
Festival Wednesday evening.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sony thinks its new Michael Jackson
documentary could be a contender for best picture….
from The Wrap RSS by Lisa Horowitz
The International Documentary Association has chosen “The Fog of War”
director Errol Morris to receive its annual Career Achievement Award
from The Wrap RSS by Steve Pond
The year’s first Oscar presenters have been announced, and
they’re directors Jonathan Demme and Quentin Tarantino, actress Angelica Huston
and actor Kirk Douglas.
Michael Jackson’s This Is It tops Wednesday’s box office
with $7.4 million
“Paranormal Activity” has just surpassed “The Blair Witch
Project” to become the most profitable movie ever.
from Hollywood Reporter by Associated Press
A new restaurant set to open next year in
state will be called Volterra after a city in the popular Twilight vampire
novels, which are set in the town of
The buzz on director Roland Emmerich’s doomsday film is at a
fever pitch ahead of its Nov. 13 release.
from MTV Movies Blog by Adam Rosenberg
Oh “Avatar.” Finally, you look awesome.
DreamWorks SKG: Studio nabs Laurie Craig’s comedy pitch —
DreamWorks has snapped up Laurie Craig’s comedy pitch “Doggy Day
from Entertainment Weekly’s News Briefs by Clark Collis
NBC’s new medical drama Trauma will not be picked up,
according to Variety. Production on the show will be halted after its
13-episode order is completed.
from Entertainment Weekly’s News Briefs by Wendy Mitchell
ABC’s revamped version of Scrubs, which will shift to a
medical school instead of a hospital, will launch on Dec. 1, Variety reports.
Two original episodes will air that night, with Better Off Ted returning to the
network on Dec. 8.
from The Live Feed by hollywoodreporter
Having taught slovenly guys to be gentlemen, VH1 next plans
to instruct unprepared men on how to be good…
Singer George Michael will release a brand new version of
his single December Song just before Christmas, it is announced.
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 29 (UPI) —
record chart this week, Billboard.com reported Thursday.
from MTV News
A week after the ‘American Idol’ winner finished his
major-label debut, 30-second snippets hit German Amazon site.
Bono opens up about becoming a man, taking hormones.
WANTAGE, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey are trying to
determine who fired a bullet that struck CNN commentator Lou Dobbs’ home as his
wife stood nearby. State police Sgt. Stephen Jones says Dobbs’ wife and driver
were outside the home Oct. 5 when they heard the gunshot.