• Ellen Page, Rainn Wilson and Liv Tyler will star in Super, a superhero comedy from writer/director James Gunn (Slither). Wilson will play a loser superhero whose only weapon is a wrench. Clearly no one involved in this project learned from Mystery Men.
• Jeff Bridges may reunite with the Coen brothers for a remake of True Grit. That rug really tied the room together there, pard’ner.
• Josh Harnett will star in Gunslinger, a “dystopian action thriller” set in a post-apocalyptic America. You know, 2010.
• Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany debuted their Charles Darwin romance Creation at the Toronto Film Festival. It’s safe to say there will be weeping in this one.
• Timothy Dalton’s character in Toy Story 3
was revealed at a special Disney Animation panel in London. Turns out
he’s a “hedgehog with thespian tendencies” named Mr. Pricklepants. This
is easily Dalton’s greatest role since 007.