• Patrick Swayze died at the age of 57 after a battle with pancreatic cancer. We’ll always remember him for Dirty Dancing, but particularly for Roadhouse.
• Hot off his role as a Nazi in Inglourious Basterds, Christoph Waltz will be replacing Nicolas Cage as the villain in Green Hornet. If nothing else, the casting on this one will be interesting.
• The next Indiana Jones film will reportedly be out in 2012, according to actress Karen Allen. Meanwhile, Harrison Ford confirmed that “George [Lucas] is working actively” on the script. Are are there three words more scary in modern cinema than “George Lucas script”?
• Nicole Kidman will star in The Danish Girl,
about a danish painter who becomes the first person to undergo a
sex-change operation. Tomas Alfredson, the director behind the creepy
Swedish vampire flick Let the Right One In, will helm.
• Steven Spielberg is reportedly considering Robert Downey Jr. for the lead in his Harvey remake, while his Abraham Lincoln biopic is still in development. Downey Jr. talking to an invisible rabbit? One ticket, please.
• Screenwriter Roger Avary and Davis Films will reteam for another Silent Hill film. This time, the hill is going to get loud.Read More