• Nicole Kidman is joining the cast of Woody Allen’s next film. We can’t wait to see her Woody impression.
• Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro, and Jim Carrey will play The Three Stooges in The Farrelly Bros.’ long-in-the-works movie. Penn will play Larry, Carrey will put his stamp on Curly, and Del Toro will sport Moe’s silly haircut.
• The first trailer for Spike Jonze’s Where The Wild Things Are is a thing of beauty.
• Slumdog Millionaire Simon Beaufoy will not be writing a Wolverine sequel as previously rumored. So much for the elaborate Hugh Jackman Bollywood-style dance number we’ve all been hoping for.
• Scarlett Johansson offered a sneak peek of the Black Widow look she’ll sport for Iron Man 2 while on the red carpet recently.
• Two Lovers director James Gray called his star Joaquin Phoenix a “crazy person” during a UK press junket. Please, that’s offensive to actual crazy people. Phoenix is just annoying.
• Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm will join the cast of Howl
as Allen Ginsberg’s defense attorney, Jake Ehrlich. James Franco plays
Ginsberg, while Paul Rudd, Mary Louise-Parker, and Jeff Daniels are
among the star-studded cast.