Last week, Entertainment Weekly released "The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood." Not to be outdone, the New York Daily News did the same thing (kinda-sorta) with its "Top 50 Dumbest People in Hollywood." Now whether anyone really wants to know that Emmanuel Lubezki is the 24th wisest on one list and that Kristin Cavallari is the 48th dullest on the other is highly unlikely. When it comes to lists, people want to know who came out on top. That’s it. So without further ado, here are the winners. (The smart ones comes first if you couldn’t figure that out.)
1. Judd Apatow: The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Knocked Up. Superbad. What more needs to be said?
2. Steven Spielberg: In the last three decades, no one’s had a greater impact on American cinema.
3. James Cameron: From video games to 3-D movies, this director reinvents technology for the masses.
4. Ari Emanuel: He’s a partner in Endeavor, one seriously giant talent agency.
5. Will Smith: Who else has managed to fashion an image as beloved as those of yesteryear’s movie stars?
Hollywood’s Top Five Dumbest are listed below. For some reason, they’re all actors with nary a producer or director in sight. Prejudice…or fear of retribution?
1. Lindsay Lohan: She makes awful career choices (I Know Who Killed Me), has reprehensible behavior and, perhaps worst of all, shows rotten taste in guys.
2. Kim Kardashian: There’s something seriously sad when you leak a sex tape and nobody cares.
3. Spencer Pratt: The poor guy thinks his life on MTV’s The Hills is reality.
4. Jeff Kwatinetz: He gave the okay for Britney Spears’ disastrous MTV Video Music Awards performance.
5. Shia LaBeouf: He went from the heights of being the star of Transformers to the depths of being arrested at Walgreens.