Tonight, AMC presents a Clint Eastwood double feature, featuring Firefox (1982) at 8 PM and Heartbreak Ridge (1986) at 11 PM. In Firefox, Clint plays an over-the-hill U.S. pilot smuggled into the Soviet Union to steal a new Russian plane. In Heartbreak Ridge, Eastwood casts himself as an old-school Marine Corps sergeant who finds himself out of step with the sissy "modern" military.
One of the best things about any Clint Eastwood movie are the killer lines he delivers, many of which live on decades after they were spoken on film. Make the jump for 10 classic Clint Eastwood movie lines….
1. "Go ahead, make my day." (from Sudden Impact)
2. "I’ve got a firm policy on gun control. If there’s a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it." (Pink Cadillac)
3. "And if I was a half as ugly as you, Sergeant Major, I’d be a poster boy for a prophylactic." (Heartbreak Ridge)
4. "I’ve killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another." (Unforgiven)
5. "I know what you’re thinking punk, you’re thinking: "Did he fire six
shots, or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all
this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum; the most powerful
handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you’ve got to
ask yourself a question, "Do I feel lucky?"… Well, do ya, punk?"
6. "Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is not a natural act. So
let’s do it right, enjoy the view. Come on." (Heartbreak Ridge)
7. "Hey wait, you forgot your fortune cookie….it says….you’re shit out of luck." (The Dead Pool)
8. "It’s a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he’s got, and all he’s ever gonna have." (Unforgiven)
9. "Your mouthwash ain’t makin’ it." (Dirty Harry)
10. "A man’s got to know his limitations." (Magnum Force)
Got a favorite Clint Eastwood movie line? Let us know in a comment.
Related Clint Eastwood Posts: