AMC Network Entertainment LLC
The Walking Dead Zombify Yourself Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”). A VALID FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND/OR INTERNET ACCESS ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES
ELIGIBILITY: The Walking Dead Zombify Yourself Challenge (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older or the age of majority as of the entry date. Contest void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of AMC Network Entertainment LLC (herein after “AMC” or “Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to submit a self-portrait of themselves utilizing Sponsor’s “Dead Yourself App” or by submitting an original non-video self-portrait of themselves as a zombie via email. Contest begins at noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 24, 2013 and ends noon ET on November 29, 2013 (“Contest Period”). One (1) winning submission will be determined by the Judges from among all eligible entries received, to be held on or about the following dates: October 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 for a total of eight (8) winners.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit http://ww.www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/zombify-yourself-challenge (the “Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen links and instructions on how to upload and submit a self-portrait using the “Dead Yourself App” or to submit an original non-video self-portrait using email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Submission). Entrants using the Dead Yourself App will be directed to authenticate their identity using their FACEBOOK account when submitting an entry.
4. SUBMISSION CONTENT GUIDELINES: A Submission may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be rejected if it fails to follow the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed in these Official Rules. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, forged or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All entries become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Assurance of delivery of entries is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Submissions that do not meet the following “Content Guidelines” are subject to disqualification (if applicable), each at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, so read and follow these Content Guidelines:
Submission file may not be larger than 5MB
Submissions may one be in one of the following formats: jpg/jpeg, png, bmg or gif
Submission resolution may be up to 300 dpi
Submissions must comply with these Official Rules
Submission May Not Include any of the following: Obscenity, Private property, or other property, unless entrant has obtained a signed property release specific for the uses specified herein, Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols ,Gang signs or symbols, Actual Violence (not simulated and within the context of “The Walking Dead” show), Explicit sexual activity, Nudity, Illegal drug or alcohol use, Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements, not including “The Walking Dead” authorized and official merchandise, as well as related products, Unauthorized trademark and copyrighted materials (may only use the trademarks of AMC and “The Walking Dead” and/or still images and video clips from “The Walking Dead”, but music, including underlying music from “The Walking Dead”, can’t be included, )License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise, Website or web page links, Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others, Disparagement of any product, person, or entity, Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property, Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress). Any depiction of other individuals that have not expressly signed a release, including the depiction of minors without proper parental or guardian written permission. Any other content, language, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by AMC, in its sole discretion. Any work that has been previously published, or has won previous awards.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Entrants, upon submission of their Submission to the Contest, hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the Submissions, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, recreate, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to entrants or any third party, except for the awarding of the prize to the Winner in this Contest. Entrants agree that during the Entry Period, they shall not make, and shall not permit, any other public use, display or distribution of the Submissions, and they shall maintain all rights without encumbrances so that, if Sponsor desires, entrants can assign all rights in and to Submissions if selected as the Winner. Sponsor, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works of Submissions, to assign or transfer any or all of Sponsor’s granted rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the Submissions submitted as part of the Contest, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with Submissions submitted as part of the Contest. Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Sponsor free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Submissions and are not obligated to use any Submission. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Sponsor. Entrants agree that Sponsor will not be responsible for return or preservation of the Submissions submitted.
Each entrant acknowledges that Submissions are not being submitted in confidence or in trust to Sponsor and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Submissions that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her own Submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Sponsor because of these familiarities or similarities. Notwithstanding any custom and practice in the industry to pay an individual for an idea (if any), nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate entrants for their Submissions and there is no obligation for any Contest Entity to pay or otherwise compensate entrants for any of their ideas or materials in any communications with Sponsor, whatsoever. Submissions are not confidential and the Sponsor only obligations to entrants regarding Submissions are as specifically set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Each entrant, by participating in the Contest, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right to request from entrant at any time proof that entrant maintains all necessary rights in their Submission in order to grant Sponsor the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the entrant being disqualified from the Contest.
7. JUDGING: On each Friday during the Contest Period, Submissions will be reviewed by a team of judges (the “Judges”) assembled by Sponsor, who will review and judge all eligible Submissions based on the following judging criteria (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”): 50%: Originality; and 50%: Creativity. Based on the total score the Judges assign to each Submission using the Judging Criteria, one (1) winning Submission will be ultimately selected during each period by the Judges and the individual who submitted a selected Submission will be the potential “Winner”, subject to confirmation that the potential Winner has met the eligibility requirements and complied with these Official Rules. If there is a tie after the Judges apply the Judging Criteria, Sponsor will bring in a tie breaking Judge to apply the same Judging Criteria to break the tie and determine the Winner. Non-Selected entries will be carried forward into each subsequent weekly drawing,
8. PRIZE. Eight (8) winners. Each winning Submission may be aired during commercial breaks for an episode of “The Walking Dead” between October 13, 2013 and December 1, 2013. There is no monetary value to this prize.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be determined on or about the following dates: October 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. Dead Your Self App Submission winners will not be notified either before or afterward. E-mail Submission winners will be notified on the above dates by email and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability.
10. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants that: (j) the entrant has reviewed the Official Rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety and agrees to be bound by these Rules and abide by the decisions of the Sponsor which are final in all matters related to the Contest; (ii) the entrant meets the eligibility requirements set forth in Paragraph 1, (ii) the Submission meets all of the requirements for Submissions set forth in Paragraph 4; (iv) the Submission is wholly original with entrant (other than content provided by AMC), and (v) as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the AMC and its agency(ies) and franchisees, harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
11. GENERAL: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are nontransferable. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By submitting an entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor. its respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, MANIPULATE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
14. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and contestants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
16. WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of the winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 2, 2013 to: The Walking Dead Zombify Yourself Challenge, c/o AMC Network Entertainment, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001 or visit http://www.amc.com. For a copy of the official rules, visit http://www.amc.com.
17. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.