AMC Network Entertainment LLC
Welcome to AMC (the “Company” or “AMC”).
By accessing or using the Site, you accept this Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein and consent to have this Agreement and all notices provided to you in electronic form. To withdraw this consent, you must cease using the Site. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records. This Agreement may be modified by the Company from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by the Company in the Site.
1.Eligibility: No part of AMC www.meetlucille.com is directed to persons under the age of 13. You must be at least 13 years of age to access and use the Site. Any use of the Application is void where prohibited. By accessing and using the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you create an account, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. Using the Site may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. If you use the Site from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Site.
3.Term and Termination: This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. The Company may terminate or suspend your use of the Site any time without notice if the Company believes that you have breached this Agreement, or for any other reason, with or without cause, in its sole discretion. The Company is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited by law from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your use of Site. After your use of Site is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
4.Non-commercial Use by Users: The Site is for personal use only. Users may not use the Site or any content contained in the Site (including, but not limited to, content of other users, designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, software, audio files and computer code) in connection with any commercial endeavors, such as (i) advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Company or (ii) soliciting others to attend parties or other social functions, or networking, for commercial purposes. Users of the Site may not use any information obtained from the Site to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use the Site for any purpose except with AMC’s express consent (such as for promoted profiles or other advertisements), which AMC may provide or deny in its sole discretion. The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
5.Proprietary Rights: The Company owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Site, and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto. The Site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of the Company and its licensors. You agree to not copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through the Site, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
7.Content Posted by You on the Site:
a) You are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Site or transmit to other users, including text messages, chat, videos (including streaming videos), photographs, or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, “Content”). You may not post as part of the Site, or transmit to the Company or any other user (either on or off the Site), any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You represent and warrant that (i) all information that you submit upon creation of your video, including information submitted from your Facebook and Twitter accounts, is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or false and (ii) you have the right to post the Content on the Site and grant the licenses set forth below.
b) You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Site. The Company may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Site or the Company.
c) By posting Content as part of the Site, you automatically grant to the Company, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to (i) use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute the Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of the Content or incorporate the Content into other works, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created. You represent and warrant that any posting and use of your Content by the Company will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
d) In addition to the types of Content described in Section 6 (a) above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited in the Site. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
• that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
• advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
• requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Site;
• involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
• promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
• promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
• contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
• contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
• provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
• provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
• contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
• impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
• provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
• disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
• solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission; and
• publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
• The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take any legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including removing the offending communication from the Site and terminating or suspending the account of such violators.
e) Your use of the Site, including all Content you post through the Site, must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that the Company may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use the Site in the future; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
f) You agree that any Content you place on the Site may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Site.
7.Prohibited Activities:The Company reserves the right to investigate, suspend and/or terminate your use if you have misused the Site or behaved in a way the Company regards as inappropriate or unlawful. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Site. You will not:
• impersonate any person or entity.
• solicit money from any users.
• post any Content that is prohibited by Section 9.
• “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
• express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by the Company without our specific prior written consent.
• use the Site in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act;
• access the Site in a jurisdiction in which it is illegal or unauthorized;
• ask or use users to conceal the identity, source, or destination of any illegally gained money or products.
• use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
• collect usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
• interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site.
• email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Site (either directly or indirectly through use of third party software).
• “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site, without the Company’s prior written authorization.
• use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Company or the Site (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of the Company) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
• modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Site any software used on or for the Site, or cause others to do so.
• post, use, transmit or distribute, directly or indirectly, (e.g. screen scrape) in any manner or media any content or information obtained from the Site other than solely in connection with your use of the Site in accordance with this Agreement.
8.Customer Service. :The Company provides assistance and guidance through its customer care representatives through email and phone support. When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or to not otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your use of the Site.
9.Modifications to Service:The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. To protect the integrity of the Site, the Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Site.
10.Copyright Policy:Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
a) You acknowledge and agree that neither the Company nor its affiliates and third party partners are responsible for and shall not have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, as a result of or alleged to be the result of (i) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted in the Site, whether caused by users or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site; (ii) the timeliness, deletion or removal, incorrect delivery or failure to store any Content, communications or personalization settings; (iii) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user; (iv) any error, omission or defect in, interruption, deletion, alteration, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, any user or user communications; or (v) any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users or to any other person’s computer or device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Internet and/or in connection with the Site. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, SECURE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
b) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS OR MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DOWNLOAD OR OBTAIN ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SERVICE.
c) From time to time, the Company may make third party opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other third party information or content available through the Site. All third party content is the responsibility of the respective authors thereof and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such third party authors are solely responsible for such content. THE COMPANY DOES NOT: (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY THAT APPEARS IN THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED IN THE SITE, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
d) In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted in the Site is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. The Company makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Site. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
f) You agree that any Content you place on the Site may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Site.
a) This Policy and all disputes arising hereunder or relating hereto shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law principles. Those who choose to access the Sites from locations outside the United States do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. AMC may limit the website’s availability, in whole or in part, concerning any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time in its sole discretion.
b) Any litigation against the Company may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in New York County, New York. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
c) This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
14.Indemnity to you: You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its and their officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of or failure to comply with this Agreement (including any breach of your representations and warranties contained herein), any postings or Content you post in the Site, and the violation of any law or regulation by you. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in connection therewith.
16.Amendment: This Agreement is subject to change by the Company at any time.Read More