This week, Lauren Cohan is pranked by Ellen DeGeneres, while Sonequa Martin-Green is cast in a guest star role. Plus, Cohan does a Reddit AMA. Read on for more:
• Entertainment Tonight has a video of Lauren Cohan’s appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show where the “talk show host pulled one over on the seemingly tough actress.”
• Sonequa Martin-Green will be a guest star on Fox’s New Girl in an episode this spring, playing Winston’s new Army Reservist girlfriend, according to Entertainment Weekly.
• During a Reddit AMA, Lauren Cohan teases that The Walking Dead‘s next eight episodes are “gruelling. fast. blindsiding.”
• Entertainment Tonight, talking to Lauren Cohan about The Walking Dead‘s return, learns from her that viewers “should be pretty worried about a lot of people and a lot of elements in the show. We have definite tense times ahead.”
• Lauren Cohan tells Entertainment Weekly how The Walking Dead and her new movie, The Boy, are different kinds of scary, since the latter has an “invisible threat,” but with The Walking Dead, “we can identify the threat and if you don’t feel strong emotionally you can at least be strong physically.”
• Speaking with Bustle about negative fan reaction to Lori, Sarah Wayne Callies says, “People judged her parenting decisions in ways that they never judged her husband’s parenting decisions, because the expectation was she should care for the child in the home. I learned a lot, actually, about our cultural function from peoples’ reactions to Lori.”
• Entertainment Weekly reports that Corey Hawkins (Heath) has been cast as the lead in the reboot of 24.
• Ross Marquand speaks with Out.com about learning he got a part on The Walking Dead, saying, “Going from being a broke fan watching on my couch to actually being on it—there’s nothing better than that.”
• Moviepilot has five of “the main questions that we, the fans, would like answered” when the series returns on Feb. 14.
• AskMen has a new video of Ross Marquand’s celebrity impressions including “a Latin Jon Hamm, shy Jack Nicholson and a John Malkovich who is pissed off because he took a sip of the wrong drink.”
• Dread Central spotlights five new photos from the Feb. 14 midseason premiere, “No Way Out.”
• Unreality TV posts a new international trailer for the second half of the season that gives viewers “an insight as to what’s to come next month.”
• Entertainment Weekly reports that Lauren Cohan has been cast as Bruce Wayne’s mother in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, while Bruce Wayne’s father will be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, according to IGN.
• Viewers can vote for The Walking Dead (“with Negan on the horizon, THE WALKING DEAD could pummel its competition for its second consecutive Chainsaw win during the next month of voting”) as Fangoria‘s Best TV Series.
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.Read More