This week, Susanne Bier wins an Emmy, while Olivia Colman chats with Vulture about Burr. Plus, The Night Manager is doing well in China. Read on for more:
• The Washington Post reports that Susanne Bier won an Emmy for directing The Night Manager and notes that “the trophy is (coincidentally?!) given to her by presenter Tom Hiddleston, who starred in the AMC series.” Read more about the Emmy win here.
• Olivia Colman talks to Vulture about Burr, saying, “People hurting other people is unacceptable, and I love the fact that she won’t turn a blind eye; she won’t have it. She genuinely wants to make the world a better place.”
• One of Emmy night’s surprises, according to Fox News, was Susanne Bier’s victory, which ended up “breaking The People v. O.J. Simpson‘s stranglehold on the limited series category.”
• Susanne Bier talks to The Copenhagen Post about winning her Emmy, saying, “It was a little shocking and unexpected to stand up there – in a good way. I forgot a lot of what I wanted to say.”
• Screen Daily reports that The Night Manager has racked up 40 million views after scoring a Chinese distribution deal with Youku Tudou, “making it one of the most successful high-end drama exports to the territory.”
• Spain’s The Olive Press reports, “Property sales in Mallorca have soared following the popular BBC drama The Night Manager.”
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Night Manager, sign up for The Night Manager Newsletter.Read More