This week, Slate calls The Killing “high-quality” TV, while Joel Kinnaman visits Comic-Con. Plus, Peter Sarsgaard shares the acting ritual he does to get into character with Conan O’Brien. Read on for more:
• Citing The Killing’s “strange and damaged” Sarah Linden, Slate discusses the proliferation of high-quality TV shows about women.
• Joel Kinnaman went to Comic-Con for the RoboCop panel. Ahead of the panel, Kinnaman spoke with The Huffington Post, IGN and other reporters, including Screen Rant. The panel was covered by Cinema Blend, Entertainment Weekly, Geeks of Doom, Screen Crush and Zap2it.
• On Conan, Peter Sarsgaard shares his “creepy” ritual that he does to get into character for The Killing.
• Ben Cotton (Pastor Mike) tells the Calgary Herald that everyone involved with The Killing “was coming from a place of compassion for what is happening with the story.”
• For recaps and reviews of Season 3, Episode 9, “Reckoning,” check out AfterEllen, CarterMatt.com, Celeb Dirty Laundry, Entertainment Weekly, HitFix, the Los Angeles Times, ScreenCrush, TVLine, TV Overmind, Uinterview and We Got This Covered.