This week, Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks talk about their Emmy nominations, while Robert Morse chats with Playbill about Cooper’s death. Plus, Teyonah Parris speaks with The Huffington Post about Dawn. Read on for more:
• Jon Hamm speaks to The New York Times about his latest Emmy nod and characterizes Mad Men‘s last day as “a bunch of people saying goodbye to characters that they had originated and played for many, many years.”
• Christina Hendricks speaks to both the Los Angeles Times and USA Today about hearing she was nominated for an Emmy award.
• Wired is backing Christina Hendricks for the best drama supporting actress Emmy, saying, “Just give Red the damn Emmy already! Like, seriously. Make it fourth time’s the charm.”
• Robert Morse talks to Playbill about the audience reaction to the Season 7 midseason finale, where Bert died, saying, “I was utterly surprised. I was deeply moved myself.”
• Teyonah Parris talks to The Huffington Post about Dawn integrating SC&P and how Hollywood is changing for African-Americans because “we want to see black people represented in multidimensional ways.”
• According to Access Hollywood, Ben Feldman says he wasn’t surprised by Ginsberg’s breakdown because “if you took just sort of his scenes and cut them together over the couple years, he was losing his mind.”
• Hollywood.com explains why Vincent Kartheiser is “still KING.” One example: “Not great, Bob!”
• Fansided credits Matthew Weiner for Mad Men‘s legacy, declaring, “When analyzing the show down the line, it will be Weiner’s imprint that keeps the show as vibrant as it was from day one.”
• The Kansas City Star suggests binge-watching Mad Men this summer because “Don Draper might be one of the top 10 most interesting characters on TV.”
• Screen Invasion has a new “Smoke Gets in Your Ears” podcast, covering three more Season 1 episodes.
• HitFix discusses the chemistry between Ben Feldman and Cristin Milioti in their new series, NBC’s A to Z.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Mad Men news, sign up for the Mad Men Social Club.Read More