This week Mad Men continues its awards dominance with nominations in four CableFax categories, the cast shows its softer side at a charity function and Mad Men fashion hits Paris runways. Read on for more.
• Mad Men is up for four CableFAX Program Awards: Best Actor (Jon Hamm), Best Actress (Elisabeth Moss), Best Writer (Matthew Weiner) and Best Cable Program. [No Link.]
• Variety highlights the Mad Men cast’s charitable endeavors in an article on a fund-raiser hosted for L.A.’s Rape Treatment Center.
• The AP reports from Paris Fashion Week on new Mad Men -style womenswear hitting the runway.
• Any new series set in the ’60s will have to “slink around the reflection of Mad Men,” says the New York Times.
• The Brisbane Times reports on a Janie Bryant-curated exhibition of Mad Men costumes called “Icons of Style.”
• The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports on the revival of sixties style, quoting Janie Bryant: “Pencil skirts, sweater sets, and pearls — they never go out of style.” [no link]
• The Stylus loves Mad Men: “It definitely leaves a good taste in your mouth, and that’s not the Johnny Walker.”
• TheStreet.com predicts Halloween costumes based on Mad Men will be popular this year: “Men can get out an old suit, buy a fedora,
and go as Don Draper, and women can buy a red wig and go as office manager Joan.”