This week in Mad Men news, the show’s 19 Emmy nominations makes headlines, and USA Today ensures viewers know about the encore airings coming this month. Read on for more.
• The Emmy nominations were announced and Mad Men picked up 19 nods, earning the series the distinction of the most nominated show of the year. The accomplishment is being covered by major publications like The New York Daily News, The New York Times, The Salt Lake Tribune, The L.A. Times, and CBS News.
• Check out The L.A. Times to read what series creator Matthew Weiner had to say about Mad Men‘s multiple nominations.
• USA Today quotes Jon Hamm as saying, “It’s very exciting to have all this insane recognition heaped on the show.”
• USA Today also reminds viewers to catch up on Mad Men encores which begin on Jul. 31.
• Men like curves. If you doubt it, consider Mad Men‘s Christina Hendricks: she’s featured in The Sydney Morning Herald‘s article entitled “Gentlemen Prefer Bodacious.”
• Collider.com reports that Christina Hendricks joins Chris Colfer of Glee and Sarah Hyland of Modern Family on the cast of a new coming-of-age comedy.
• The Columbia Tribune discusses Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm‘s visit to the University of Missouri.Read More