This week, The Hollywood Reporter and other outlets have news that Jon Hamm will direct the first episode of Mad Men‘s new season, while Christina Hendricks has a candid discussion with the outlet about fame. Read on to see what else happened this week.
• The Hollywood Reporter has news that Jon Hamm is set to direct the Season 5 premiere of Mad Men. The idea of directing has been “in the back of my mind for a while now,” says Hamm. “I watched [John] Slattery do it, and he handled it with such grace and ability and ease. I figured if he can do it, s—, I can do it, too.” Deadline Hollywood, Digital Spy and The Wrap also report on the announcement.
• The Hollywood Reporter has video of an Emmy Actress Roundtable with Christina Hendricks, who shares her appreciation that “Mad Men has really changed my entire career.”
• Indiewire.com reports on a Mad Men discussion panel that included Matthew Weiner, Jon Hamm and Elizabeth Moss, during which Weiner stated, “This is a dream come true, and all the cliches about doing a job you love are true.”
• Variety Magazine discusses Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner‘s feeling that imitation of his Emmy-award winning show by other networks is the best form of flattery.
• Cynopsis Media lists its Mad Men Emmy Predictions, which include Jon Hamm and Elizabeth Moss for Best Actor and Actress, respectively.
• Comic Book Resources.com interviews Elizabeth Moss, who will be providing voice-over for an animated character in the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights film coming to DVD and Blu-Ray next month.
• Twirlit.com promotes natural beauty with an article about how Christina Hendricks is celebrating the body she was born with.Read More