This week, the LA Times covers Matthew Weiner and the Mad Men cast kicking off Envelope Emmy Week (five days of television series screenings, cast Q&As and roundtable panels). Meanwhile, January Jones does a photoshoot in Beverly Hills for the cover of Allure Magazine. Read on for more Mad Men press coverage.
• The LA Times discusses how Matthew Weiner will help launch its Envelope Emmy Week screening series with a discussion panel including Jon Hamm, Christina Hendricks and Kiernan Shipka.
• Check out behind-the-scenes photos of January Jones’ Allure cover shoot as well as a slide show of 15 years worth of January Jones style.
• In an article about AMC’s success with new show The Killing, The Sheaf references Mad Men claiming, “It’s almost as if everything AMC touches turns to gold.“
• The Denver Post credits Mad Men as the source of ABC’s and NBC’s spring pilots featuring a retro styled 1960s trend.
• Digital Spy also highlights Mad Men as the inspiration behind NBC’s new series, The Playboy Club.
• New York Magazine recounts the events leading up to Mad Men‘s first season and how AMC has been affected by the show’s success.
• Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm is featured on Indiewire.com for his roles in three independent productions including the new movie Friends With Kids, which recently screened at Cannes.
• Variety mentions Mad Men’s return for a fifth season in an article about AMC’s development slate for the coming year.Read More