This week, Lennie James talks about Detroit with EUR, while Alvin Ailey dancers appear in an episode of Low Winter Sun. Plus, Ruben Santiago-Hudson will be on stage in New York in an August Wilson play. Read on for more:
• Lennie James speaks with EUR/Electronic Urban Report about shooting Low Winter Sun in Detroit, characterizing the city as a place that “doesn’t shy away from the truth about itself.”
• Broadway World reports that members of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater show up in “Revelations.”
• Ruben Santiago-Hudson can be seen in August Wilson’s How I Learned What I Learned on stage next month in a solo show, according to Playbill.
• Deadline Detroit features a favorable review of Low Winter Sun from “White Boy Rick,” who is serving a life sentence for cocaine trafficking in Detroit.
• To stay up-to-date with all the latest Low Winter Sun news, sign up for the weekly The Lowdown.Read More