This week, the Calgary Herald gets down and dirty on the Hell on Wheels set, while Colm Meaney discusses his character’s money issues on a popular Irish talk show. Plus, Executive Producer John Shiban is interviewed by Assignment X. Read on for more Hell on Wheels news:
• A Calgary Herald reporter spends a day and night as a Hell on Wheels extra, observing, “It’s movie magic and it’s exciting.”
• Colm Meaney makes an appearance on Ireland’s The Saturday Night Show (at the 4:15 mark), describing Durant as someone who would fit in on Wall Street today.
• Assignment X interviews Hell on Wheels Executive Producer John Shiban, who says Season 2 is about Cullen Bohannon “taking on the railroad as his next battle, as his next war.”
• Macleans examines the new trend towards period pieces like Hell on Wheels, on TV (and cites Mad Men as one influence).
• ARTINFO.com reports that Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden, featuring Anson Mount, will air on the National Geographic Channel on Nov. 4.Read More