This week, Anna Gunn is hailed for her Equity performance, while Bryan Cranston celebrates his birthday with Jimmy Kimmel. Plus, the San Jose Mercury News ranks Breaking Bad the all-time best TV show. Read on for more:
• Yahoo posts the trailer for Equity, which stars Anna Gunn “in a fierce performance that has drawn major kudos across the festival circuit.” Entertainment Weekly comments that Gunn “leaves her days as Walter White’s wife behind to become a woman of Wall Street in this financial thriller.”
• Nerdist spotlights Jimmy Kimmel Live‘s Super Sweet 60 party for Bryan Cranston, noting that a “couple of familiar faces from Breaking Bad also showed up, including Bob Odenkirk as Cranston’s BFF, Charles Baker (Skinny Pete, yo!), and of course, Aaron Paul.”
• The San Jose Mercury News considers Breaking Bad the best TV show of all time, noting that the show “spawned a well-received prequel, Better Call Saul, and turned Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston into A-list celebrities.”
• Inverse declares that the final shot of Season 4’s “Crawl Space” represented Breaking Bad “in one insane nutshell. In a single, slow, cacophonous pull-back of the camera, everybody in Breaking Bad was doomed. And it was glorious.”
• Moviefone describes Breaking Bad thusly: “With Shakespearean-level drama and masterfully directed action sequences, the award-winning series explores what makes a villain and how that villain is made.”
• Vulture remarks that the premiere of Netflix’s Lady Dynamite includes “an impressively bizarre nod to Breaking Bad” where the main character lifts a child’s ragged pink teddy bear out of a fountain.
• Gold Derby proclaims that Bryan Cranston is “virtually guaranteed an Emmy nomination, if not a win, for the TV version” of All the Way.
• HBO’s All the Way features “a titanic lead performance from Bryan Cranston,” according to Observer.
• Niagara This Week reports that Equity, starring Anna Gunn, will open next month’s Niagara Integrated Film Festival.
Watch full episodes of Breaking Bad on amc.com.Read More