This week, The Hollywood Reporter writes that Breaking Bad is considered an “early” Emmy favorite, while Rian Johnson calls the show’s final episodes “tremendous.” Plus, Vince Gilligan gets kudos from a Game of Thrones showrunner. Read on for more:
• The Hollywood Reporter says insiders are betting that Breaking Bad “could have an early edge” when it comes to this year’s Emmys.
• /film reports that Rian Johnson, one of Breaking Bad‘s repeat directors, is describing the show’s final episodes as “tremendous.”
• According to Entertainment Weekly, HBO’s Game of Thrones showrunner says, “You never feel on Breaking Bad ‘oh they stretched that out’ or ‘they trimmed it.’ It all feels perfectly organic.”
• The Huffington Post reports that Giancarlo Esposito was on Jimmy Kimmel Live talking about Gus’ demise.
• The Breaking Bad-themed episode of Discovery’s Mythbusters will air this season, according to Entertainment Weekly.
• Latinos Post reports that the Season 5 DVD/Blu-ray, available June 4, will include all eight episodes from the first half of the season, plus bonus features.
• Dean Norris talks to TV Guide about his new series, CBS’ Under the Dome. According to io9, Norris calls the drama “big, Shakespearean or Greek or something” and says he’s enjoying his character’s contrast with Hank. Checking out the show, Comic Book Resources believes Dean Norris “looks as if he’ll steal every scene he’s in.”
• The release date for Need For Speed, a film starring Aaron Paul, has been moved back five weeks to March 14, 2014, Deadline reports.
• To stay up-to-date on the latest news about Breaking Bad, sign up for the weekly newsletter Breaking News.Read More